What is C-Section?
A c-section or cesarean section is the delivery of the baby using surgery. A C-section is recommended if a vaginal birth is not possible or if it is not safe.
What are the Causes of C-Section?
A C-Section is usually done when:
- There is any complication in delivery.
- If you have any problem with placenta.
- If the mom’s health condition is very bad.
- If the mom had a previous cesarean.
- If you have infections in the birth canal.
- If it is a premature birth.
- If there is multiple pregnancy.
- If there is excessive vaginal bleeding.
- If there is any complication in the size or position of the baby.
- If the labor is not progressing.
Is C-Section safe?
In usual cases C-section is safe for both mom and baby. If there is any problem, C-section can be complicated. Some of the risks of c-section include:
- Excessive Bleeding
- Infection – There is chance of getting infection on wounds or womb in c-section.
- Blood clots in legs is commonly seen after C-section.
- In some cases there is a risk of small cuts on the baby.
Normally with experienced doctors, you might not face such issues.
Why do I need C-Section?
You need C-section if you had complications in normal birth in your last pregnancy or you face any of the causes as listed above. Your doctor will examine your situation and suggest accordingly.
How is the recovery after C-section?
- The recovery after c-section takes more days than normal vaginal birth.
- You may need to stay for more days in hospital than for vaginal birth.
- You will be completely analysed by the doctor and medicines will be given if you have any pain or discomfort.
- You can start breast feeding.
- You can start eating and drinking.
- You will be encouraged to walk before going home.
What are the precautions after C-section?
After c-section it is always advised to take some precautions. Some of them are:
- You need proper rest.
- You should take care of your wound.
- You should have a healthy diet.
- You should drink enough water.
- You can do light exercises after consulting the doctor.
- Also have advice from the doctor before you return to normal day to day activities.
- It is advisable to take a few months gap between future pregnancies.
- It is not advisable to have more than two babies if you had both via C-section.