What is Pilate?
Pilate is the physical fitness system used to enhance and improve the physical fitness and strength of the body. It is a set of exercises that can refresh your body and mind.
Is Pilate good during pregnancy?
- Pilate is a good exercise during pregnancy that can strengthen your abdominal, back and pelvic floor muscles.
- Pilates are perfects exercises that are safe in all stages of pregnancy and after birth.
- Pilates during pregnancy is mainly focused on Pelvic floor muscles.
- It can maintain your body balance and helps to build body strength.
- It can reduce your back pain during pregnancy.
- The breathing exercises or patterns helps you to control your breathing.
- It can reduce stress and tension.
- Just ensure that your Pilate trainer is an expert in training during pregnancy too.
Consult your doctor or midwife before doing any exercises. Follow their advice on what to do and what not to.
- Avoid some positions and exercises during Pilates. Have proper care. A good Pilates instructor can help you on the exercises that you should do. Check if your instructor is a health professional and if she has got proper training in exercise during pregnancy.
- Avoid exercises that make you uncomfortable.
- Avoid stretching exercises.
- Avoid lying on your back.
- Avoid doing over workouts.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t over stress yourself.
What to expect in Pilate classes?
- Pilate is a flexible exercise system that can benefit both your body and mind.
- It helps to maintain your posture.
- Exercises changes with the stages of pregnancy.
- It has exercises for Pelvis and lower back stability.
- It has breathing exercises.
What is the criteria of a best Pilate class?
- A best Pilate class will have a qualified and experienced Pilate instructor.
- They will be adapting best techniques.
- They should make you feel comfortable.
- If the instructors are responsive to your queries or doubts regarding the exercises and advice you the best method.