In the final weeks of planning, you may be excited and confused on the preparations before going for delivery. It is the most exciting phase of your life when you are packing your hospital bag. Enjoy these moments with your partner, pack your bag together. Here are a few things you will need for your labor and birth to avoid any discomfort at the last stage.
Some essentials to be included in your labor bag are:
- Hospital registration card, health insurance card, you healthcare information and other important paper works if any.
- Slippers / Socks
- Loose fitting and comfortable clothes
- Nursing Bras and Breast pads
- Maternity Wears
- Toiletries, such as toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo etc.
- Music player if you are interested in music
- Camera to capture your baby’s first moments
- Books for reading
- Phone with charger in case you are planning to stay alone
- Clothes when you leave hospital and get home with your baby. Keep loose fitting clothes as it takes time to come back to your actual fitting.
For Your Baby:
- Clothes , Socks and Cap
- Baby Wipes
- Outfits when going to home
You may double check the list before leaving to hospital. It is good to arrange the bag for your partner or bystander accompanying you to hospital in case if they plan to stay with you in the hospital for more days.