Most of the pregnant women experience morning sickness during the earlier period of their pregnancy. It is mostly faced during the first trimester of your pregnancy where you suffer from nausea and vomiting. The exact causes of morning sickness are still unknown, however, they are considered as healthy signs of pregnancy.
How long will I face morning sickness and will it affect my baby’s growth?
Morning sickness usually starts before 9 weeks of pregnancy and clears by 14 weeks. For some women it lasts for months and for some the entire pregnancy period. Morning sickness is not harmful for your baby, however, ensure that you continue to take a healthy diet in spite of the sickness for proper growth of your baby. Sometimes, nausea and vomiting is severe, in such cases it is always advisable to consult your doctor.
Who is at risk of getting morning sickness?
Though there is no defined reason for morning sickness, however, below are some reasons which can be behind it:
- Nausea and vomiting in a previous pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancies
- Effect of any diseases or any medications used by the mom
- Family history of Morning sickness
- If it is your first pregnancy
- Higher intake of fat
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Overweight / underweight etc.
- If the mother carries a female fetus
Are there any natural ways to treat morning sickness?
Some natural remedies to manage morning sickness include:
- Ginger – Intake of ginger can reduce morning sickness.
- Herbal tea
- Have a healthy diet – include proper and sufficient vitamins and nutrients in your food
- Drink plenty of water
- Take enough rest
- Observe the reasons behind your morning sickness. Is this any kind of food etc that is causing it. Avoid such situations of morning sickness.
- Eat less quantity of food in frequent intervals that is rich in quality
- Include dry fruits in your diet. They are high in nutrients.
- Avoid stress
- Have a healthy lifestyle. Include little exercise as your health permits or walks in your daily routine to be fit.
- Consult your doctor if you are facing too much of nausea or vomiting. They can provide you with necessary medications / drugs.