Returning to normal or regular weight post pregnancy is a challenging task for moms. You need not start to lose weight immediately after delivery or baby birth. Take advice from the doctor or your midwife before starting a regular exercise routine. Your exercising schedule will also depend upon the kind of delivery you underwent. If you had a normal delivery, you might start exercising early, however, if you had a C-section, you need to wait till the time your stitches are fine and you get a green signal from your doctor. Some methods to lose your weight are:
- Have a healthy diet
- Eat fiber rich food such as oats, grain etc.
- Drink plenty of water
- Include starch, vegetables and pulses such as beans in your diet.
- If you are breastfeeding your baby, this will help you reduce weight quickly.
Before doing exercises consult with your doctor and take advice. If you are ready to start exercises, start with simple exercises such as:
- Gentle stretching exercises
- Pelvic Floor exercises
- Moderate stomach exercises
- Return to your day to day activities such as cooking after two or three weeks or as recommended by the doctor.
- Set a goal and schedule your exercises
- Avoid unhealthy snacks
You need to be aware of how many calories you need. It depends on your weight and get advice from your midwife or doctor. Measure your BMI (Body Mass Index). If you are a breastfeeding mom you may need more calories. A well balance diet and moderate exercises can keep you healthy and will not affect breastfeeding. You may need time to get back in shape. Be patient and stay healthy following a healthy lifestyle.